I LOVE everything about Pumpkins! Freshly made pumpkin pies, yummy smoothies and Facial Masks.
Pumpkin is a perfect natures gift to us, to recover skin from summer:
- help clean pores (all that excess sunscreen we needed to use in the summer…);
- exfoliate and brighten the skin (that pigmentation that you got after your beautiful suntan faded…);
- nourish because of antioxidant Vitamin A and Vitamin C;
- boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging,
- Pumpkins is high in essential fatty acids and Vitamin E, which are necessary to repairbarrier layer of the skin;
- Zinc will help control the hormone level and oil production, as well as will assist with healing acne;
- pumpkin molecular structure is small and can penetrate deeper into the skin.
And that is why Pumpkin is so amazing for treating a dull complexion, aging skin and pigmentation!
Transitioning skin care routine to Fall. Fall is the perfect time for deeper exfoliation. Pumpkin and other enzymes are my favorite ingredients in home skin care exfoliating products. If you want to be adventurous and make your own mask or exfoliant, make sure you are using raw, uncooked ingredients, because enzymes do not survive in high heat.
Fall is also a perfect time to brighten the skin. Now is the time to talk to your esthetician or dermatologist about professional peels, enzyme facials, Microdermabrasion and brightening treatments. With all that deep work on the skin, don’t forget how important it is to nourish and moisturize the skin. Include replenishing mask, rejuvenating oils and vitamin rich moisturizer into your daily and weekly skin care routine.
Make your own Raw Pumpkin-Argan Oil Brightening Mask
This mask is excellent for all skin types and conditions. It is nourishing, slightly exfoliating, brightening, can be used once or twice a week. Apply on the clean, exfoliated skin and keep for 15-30 minutes. Choose all raw and organic ingredients for optimum results. It’s a fact, that non organic produce grown with pesticides may cause skin irritation.
1 tbs Argan Oil,
1 tbs Honey,
2 tbs Pumpkin puree,
1 tbs Lemon juice.
Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Apply on face, neck and chest. Use left overs on arms and hands. Massage for few minutes. Leave for 15-30 min. Wash off with warm water. Apply serums and moisturize.